1. INPUT & OUTPUT - four channels for input, one channel for output.
2. COMMUNICATION - communicate via Serial I2C bus for input and output.
3. ANALOG VOLTAGE RANGE – from VSS to VDD, fit for your very needs.
4. 8-BIT A/D CONVERTER - Use an 8-bit successive approximation A/D converter.
5. SPECIFICATION - Working voltage: DC 2.5-6V; PCB size: 2.4 x 2.8 cm.
The PCF8591 is a single-chip, single-supply and low-power 8-bit CMOS data acquisition device with four analog inputs, one analog output and a serial I2C-bus interface. Three address pins A0, A1 and A2 are used for programming the hardware address, allowing maximum of eight devices connected to the I2C-bus without additional hardware. Address, control and data to and from the device are transferred serially via the two-line bidirectional I2C-bus.
Single supply, low standby current
Address by 3 hardware address pins
Sampling rate is given by I2C-bus speed
4 analog inputs programmable as single-ended or differential inputs
Auto-incremented channel selection
Analog voltage range from VSS to VDD
On-chip track and hold circuit
Multiplying DAC with one analog output
- 1 x AD/DA Converter PCF8591 module